RE: "RichText" look-a-like for Gtk/Gnome + programming editor

Here's one suggestion for two different questions...
Try Scintilla: http://www.scintilla.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Casper Helenius [mailto:gnomeprogramming yahoo com]
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 3:50 AM
Subject: Q: "RichText" look-a-like for Gtk/Gnome

Hi y'all,

Does anybody know if there is a "RichText"-look-a-like widget
for Gtk/Gnome?

I need a text widget with support for chaging front and
background color pr. word in a text widget (for syntax
coloring in an editor).

Does such a widget exist (I'm totally Gtk nubi so it's gotta
be easy to use.. :o) ) or do I have to make my own?

Scintilla is a text editing widget designed for syntax
highlighting.  It has been implementation for GTK and MSW.
I gather its API is based on the MSW rich edit control where
appropriate (i.e. so if you are familiar with the rich edit
control, you don't have to relearn _everything_), but extends
it for the specific requirements to support developing a
programmer's editor.