resize my pixmap?

hello,

I *finally* got a pixmap to show up in my window. I'm taking the data for the pixmap from a header file. I have 10 pixmaps in the shape of digits. (i'm attempting to make a primitive clock).

Now, as i said, the pixmap shows up however its the same pixmap no matter which digit I choose to have drawn and, assuming the pixmap being used everytime is of the first one I tried: the # 1, the pixmap is on its side. The pixmap is also about half a centimeter in size(way too small).

It looks like this(the - represent the digit):

  '''''''''''''
  '           '
  '           '
  '           '
  '           '
  '           '

As I said, the first number that I happened to choose when it started working was the number 1 and the above picture looks like that but on its side. If I need to I can post code but does anyone know why 1) the pixmap is not situated the right way, 2) why other pixmaps won't show up when I decide to use another digit, and 3) why is it so small?

As a possible idea that may fix the size issue, I'm declaring the size of the digits in the header file about 15x16...is this in pixels? If so it explains the small size. The code looks like this:

static const char *xpm_zero[] = {
 " 15 16 2 1",

I won't post the rest as no one probably needs it.
Thanks for any help.
Brandon