Re: How Do I Draw A Bitmap?

Eric Mader <mader jtcsv com> writes:
The scaler returns an array of bits, one per pixel. I can control
whether or not it pads a row to a multiple of one, two or four
bytes. I've got it set to not pad. I was using
gdk_bitmap_create_from_data() to make the GdkBitmap.

That probably works fine, yep.

So I gathered, but it *is* in gdk.h, so you can't blame me for
expecting it to be there...

Yeah, that was a mistake in gdk.h. It's gone in newer versions.

Assuming you actually had a GdkBitmap, which seems unlikely from a 3rd
party font scaler, the way you would typically draw it would be to set
it as a clip mask (gdk_gc_set_clip_mask()), then draw a rectangle.

Well, if I don't have a GdkBitmap, and can't easily make one from the
bits I get from the scaler, what do I do?

I think the clip mask approach will work fine.

Havoc