How Do I Draw A Bitmap?

Hello,

I'm trying to write a little GNOME application to test a 3rd party font scaler; I've got as far as getting the bitmaps for the characters from the scaler, but I can't find a way to draw them.

The first thing I tried was gdk_draw_bitmap(). When I link my application, that symbol doesn't get resolved.

(On a whim I tried to use gdk_draw_pixmap() instead; that prints out some strange messages about incompatible parameters and exits - I assume because the bitmap is the wrong depth?)

The last thing I tried was the use gdk_image_new_bitmap() to create an image from the scaler bitmap, and the gdk_draw_image() to draw the image. This produces black rectangles instead of text... (they look like they're about the right size for the text I'm trying to draw, so that's something :-)

I just looked at the online documentation and it says "The depth of the GdkImage must match the depth of the GdkDrawable." So I'm wondering, how the heck am I supposed to draw these bitmaps?

Thanks,
Eric Mader
IBM GCoC, Cupertino, CA