Pixmap dropouts

Howdy All,

I'm drawing pixmaps by creating char** array in XPM format etc and then
displaying.  There are two problems I am seeing on occasion that have me
perplexed.  Has anyone seen these?

- Sometimes horizontal black lines appear on the image, remain for a number
of image changes, then disappear.

- Sometimes to the right of the image there is a blank area where the
picture should continue.  The drawing area is the proper size but the image
is truncated to the right.

It sould be in my convert data to XPM routines but I can't track it down.
Does anyone know what might cause this?

-Thanks!