Re: how do I tell which widget has the selection

 rob wrote:

I have a window which contains mostly gtkEntry widgets and a toolbar
with the usuale cut copy paste buttons. When the user clicks cut/copy i
want to cut/copy text from widget that has the selection (i.e has the
blue highlighted look) to the clipboard but I can't figure out how to
tell what (if any) widget has it.

Anyone know?

Not sure, but here's how I'd do it..

Catch focus_in_event and focus_out_event for those GTK_ENTRY-es, and keep a global var GtkWidget* to be always a pointer to the widget that has the focus. You will use that pointer as the widget to which CUT / COPY / PASTE operation refers.

--
Mishoo