Re: Trying to set the palette in a window

"Robert Young" <robwolfman hotmail com> writes:
I have a simple window which contains a drawrea widget.  The goal is to draw
some rgb images into the drawarea, which I have been able to do using the
gdk_draw_rgb_image function.

The problem is that the image(s) use a special palette, and when I paint the
image the colors are off.

The palette information is a 256 array of the three color values (red, green,
blue).  I just cannot determine how to create/associate a colormap containing
the palette information with the window/drawarea.

I've delved into the online documentation and the standard 2 gtk/gnome books
but no luck.

Any hints on how to get started on resolving this problem?

I'm not sure how to use it exactly, but gdkrgb.h has some stuff to use
a GdkRgbCmap and draw an "indexed" image that might be what you want.

Havoc