Re: ManEdit 0.4.0d

Again if you take shared sources from Windows and compile them with glib
definations you'll get undefined referance errors.

This is due to the problem of guint8 not being defined on windows
platforms.

Again, I said eailier that the sources that do NOT use guint8 in manedit
are from Windows shared sources.

So it sounds like manedit uses source code that was originally from a
Windows application that doesn't use GLIB nor GTK.

Yesyes! Now yer getting there!

Actually the sources are shared for other multiplatform applications,
those applications don't use gtk/gdk/glib and don't have glib available on
some platforms.

It sounds like you should get rid of the dependency of using Windows
specific type definitions in manedit's code.  For example, somewhere
in a header file which is not from the Windows shared sources, you
should add something like:

typedef guint8 u_int8_t

Basically, there a number of ways to fix this cross-platform problem.
What's currently there just doesn't really work.

Let me ask you this then, does it mean that Solaris has variable data type
sizes? Does it mean that Solaris may have a 3 bit int while another has a
2.5 bit int?  I doubt Solaris does anything this silly... so it means
Solaris musthave somewhere, a defination for u_int8_t or a similar named
defination that is standard amoung Solarisis (not glib).

That's what we could use instead in manedit.

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--