Passing keypress events

Hi,

Can someone tell me how to process a keypress event to make it look like a keyboard shortcut? I'm building an
app that has a zvtterm in it, and the zvtterm prevents keyboard shortcuts from working (because all shortcuts
could also be used by the application in the term). Anyway, I'd like the shortcuts to be handled anyway, so
want to catch the keypresses and then I want to send them to the menubar to process them. Problem is, sending
them directly to the menu bar doesn't work :-( Which is the widget that handles the shortcuts? And can I just
pass the keypress event to it with gtk_widget_event? Thanks for all hints in the right direction.

cheers,

roel

--

System administration: it's a dirty job, but someone said I had to do it.