GtkEntry in GtkCList

Hello all,

Can I have GtkEntry in GtkCList at perticular row and column?

though I can not add any widget in GtkEntry using
gtk_container_add( clist, widget );

Is there any work around method to add widget to clist?
I want to provide cell editing of gtkclist in my application.

I have tried to add widget, the same way title buttons are added to
clist,
but not working.

static void
add_entry_to_clist( GtkWidget *clist, gint x, gint y,  gint width,  gint
height )
{
        GdkWindowAttr attributes;
        attributes.window_type = GDK_WINDOW_CHILD;
        attributes.x = widget->x;
        attributes.y = widget->y;
        attributes.width =  width;
        attributes.height =  height;
        attributes.wclass = GDK_INPUT_OUTPUT;
        attributes.visual = gtk_widget_get_visual ( clist );
        attributes.colormap = gtk_widget_get_colormap ( clist );
        attributes.event_mask = gtk_widget_get_events ( clist );
        attributes.event_mask |= (GDK_EXPOSURE_MASK |
                                               GDK_BUTTON_PRESS_MASK |
                                               GDK_BUTTON_RELEASE_MASK |

                                               GDK_KEY_PRESS_MASK |
                                               GDK_KEY_RELEASE_MASK);
        attributes_mask = GDK_WA_X | GDK_WA_Y | GDK_WA_VISUAL |
GDK_WA_COLORMAP;

        GdkWindow *entry_window = gdk_window_new (clist->window,
&attributes,  attributes_mask);
        gdk_window_set_user_data (entry_window, clist);
        gdk_window_show (entry_window);

        GtkWidget *entry;
        gtk_widget_push_composite_child ();
        entry = gtk_entry_new ();
        gtk_widget_set_usize( entry, width, height );
        gtk_widget_set_uposition( entry, 0, 0 );
        gtk_widget_pop_composite_child ();

        if (GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED (clist)  &&  entry_window)
                gtk_widget_set_parent_window ( entry,  entry_window);

        gtk_widget_set_parent (entry,  clist );
        gtk_widget_show (entry);
}

Above code only shows me a black gdkwindow at given x, y with given
width and height,
but my gtkentry is not showing.

Does anybody added widget to gtkclist?

any type of help will be greately appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

        VIJAYKUMAR S. KALE
ESG, TTIL, Telco Campus,PUNE - 411 018
email:  vskale telco co in
phone:  (off.)  +91-212-7402049 (Direct)
                +91-212-7402947 (Direct)
        (resi.) +91-212-4358085
~