Re: Shutting X down.

Stephane Duguay <sduguay Matrox COM> writes:
I want to shut the X server down...   I've been seeking around on the web but
with no success.  A jump in KDE and Gnome code gave me some hints but
i tried to code it with no real success...

Owen says Xscreensaver may contain code that does this. Maybe an
XFree86 extension.  You could have a dialog box "please hit
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace now" ;-)

The clean way to exit X under GNOME is to request a session
shutdown. Have a look at the GNOME panel Logout code for that.  if you
just kill the X server of course users could lose data.

Havoc