Re: Shutting X down.
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Stephane Duguay <sduguay Matrox COM>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Shutting X down.
- Date: 19 Feb 2001 13:56:35 -0500
Stephane Duguay <sduguay Matrox COM> writes:
I want to shut the X server down... I've been seeking around on the web but
with no success. A jump in KDE and Gnome code gave me some hints but
i tried to code it with no real success...
Owen says Xscreensaver may contain code that does this. Maybe an
XFree86 extension. You could have a dialog box "please hit
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace now" ;-)
The clean way to exit X under GNOME is to request a session
shutdown. Have a look at the GNOME panel Logout code for that. if you
just kill the X server of course users could lose data.
] [Thread Prev