Re: how can i set the background color of GtkText?

hi!
Please could u tell me if there is any way to set the
base color of the text? is it possible?
regrads,
anuradha.
--- Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

anuradha arora <anuradhampls yahoo com> writes:

hello,
i have been at this for almost 2 days, it seems
that
setting the background through an rc file just
colours
the earlier-grey border(negligible border) to
black,
and the white base on which text is displayed
remains
the same.

i want to have white characters on a black
background,
and a black background even when there is no text
display.

even when i set the background color to black for
the
parent widjet too (a vbox) still the white base is
still white?

please tell me where i am goofing up, and a way
out
for the above.

the normally white color is 'base', the normally
black
color used on top of 'base' is 'text'. These are
separate
colors from 'fg' / 'bg'.

Regards,
                                        Owen