Re: [Fwd: Per class signals with GObject]

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 08:25, Havoc Pennington wrote:

Josh Green <jgreen users sourceforge net> writes:
1. There are typically several thousand objects in a sound font (Preset,
Instruments, Samples and Zones) and I support loading of multiple files.
So the amount of additional memory overhead for each GObject should be
minimized. Is the GObject class efficient enough for this purpose?

I don't think so, no. I would use GObject for some sort of container
class that contained lots of sounds fonts, maybe.

Okay, that makes sense. I kind of thought in that direction, but I
couldn't get out of the view of objectifying my sound fonts :)

2. Is there a way to connect user signal handlers to an object's class?

Nope.

If there was just one GObject for all the sound fonts, I guess this
wouldn't really be necessary than. Thanks for the information, it helps
greatly.

Havoc
--
    Josh Green