Re: clipboard

On 29 Aug 2001 07:38:54 +0200, Michal ROMAN said:

V 28 Aug 2001 13:29:44 -0700, Tara M zap_an_
 > Clipboards don't ```run''' are you talking about a third app that
 > recieves your GTK+ selection mechinisim?

 Yes. In my application I'd like to use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for copying and
 pasting. This sometimes operate but sometimes not.

 > Why not just manage
 > the selections internally?

 Do you mean connecting to the "key_press_event" and in callback function
 dooing gtk_editable_copy_clipboard (entry) or
 gtk_editable_paste_clipboard (entry)?
 I thought it is managed internaly by GtkEntry widget. Is it true?

I'm a little confused here, earlier I got the hint that you were
quite versed in GTK+ but now your asking questions in a different
direction.

GTK+ handles `clipboard' like copying and pasting with selections
I assumed you were familiar with selections?  The clipboard functions
are basically convience functions that you can use if you only
care about things on the GTK+ side, but you want to manage the
stuff locally right? In that case you need to look at GTK+ selections.

They are coverted in the tutorial, consult the GTK+ tutorial first
about handling selections. It's a bit lengthy but its worth learning!!

Because once you know selections you can manupulate data and handle
DND with ease.

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/