fullscreen applications

Hi,

Yesterday, i added a fullscreen view for gIDE (mostly copied from
galeon). After using it, i noticed that all child windows (be it
applications dialogs, or cutoff menu windows) are displayed BELOW the
application window. With modal dialogs, this is a serious problem (you
can't move the dialog to the front)

Here's how it makes the window fullscreen:

if (fullscreen) /* Get to the top */
        gnome_win_hints_set_layer (GTK_WIDGET (window),
                                   WIN_LAYER_ABOVE_DOCK);

It then resizes the window so it occupies the entire screen.

My question is this: does GTK set the layer of child windows upon
creation/display? Shouldn't GTK set the layer to be at least the same as
the parent window?

If someone has any other ideas on how to make this work (better), please
let me know.

Thanks,

Jeroen Zwartepoorte

p.s. Please CC me as i'm subscribed to this list