Re: GtkProgressBar

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 10:00:45AM -0700, JParker coinstar com wrote:
"Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDK"  by Eric Harlow

There used to be a code examples downloadable on the web,
but it was moved and I can not find the new address.
gnome.org has been having problems over the past couple of days.

Havoc's book is also great, but it uses GNOME specific stuff ...
It's a gnome book, so that should be no surprise.

And Donna Martin's book is also good ... but again I lost the link  :-(
I'm not familiar with that one.

The trick with the progress bar is to call
    while (gtk_events_pending()) {
        gtk_main_iteration();
    }
every now and again so that the screen is updated.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org