Expanding box selections ....

G'Day !

I am creating a function in which a gdk_rectangle is attached to a cursor.  This
box expands and contracts as the mouse is moved and the button is held down.
This is the same function that is used by most vector drawing programs as a
selection method or to draw rectangles, circles, etc.

I borrowed the scribble.c code from the tutorial to do some tests. and I am
somewhat successful.  The box expands and contracts as it is supposed to, but
there is a lot of flicker despite double buffering and if you stop moving the
mouse the box disappers.  The other problem is that I can not get the bottom and
right side of the box to become visible.

Has anyone else worked on this problem or a similar one ?  Enclosed is the
complete demo program.

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

(See attached file: EXPAND.C)