Re: Independent X/Y scaling in GnomeCanvas...

    James> After reading through the documentation on affine transforms, I've
    James> come to the unfortunate conclusion that it is impossible to scale
    James> the canvas, or objects within it, independently in the X and Y
    James> dimensions.  Am I correct about this?

I haven't used (or looked at) any of the affine stuff yet, but can't you just
use 1.0 as the scale factor for the axis you don't want to change?
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson