Drawing area events

Hello. I have one window with two drawing areas. A button press on DA 1
goes to DA 1, but the button release goes to DA 2 when the button is
released on DA 2.

If I would have two windows each having a DA, then the focus would not
escape to the second DA.

Two DAs being in the same window, how to correctly forbit the focus from
escaping? I have had problems with these focus matters earlier and would
like to get info about the correct way to handle this, please. Now I handle
it by having the two DAs under the same control object so that I just
compare if the button release happened on the same DA than the button press.

Regards,

Juhana