HELP: Changing default/theme style font

Title: HELP: Changing default/theme style font

Sorry if this is pretty obvious but I can't quite seem to crack it.

Let's say I have a GdkFont loaded. How can I change the font loaded by the theme or the default font to use my loaded one, in such a way as to cause all widgets that are created to use it as the default from then on ?

I'm sure I've seen this before. Maybe prior to creating the window or by modifying the GtkRcStyle somehow ? I really need a code snippet on this one.

Thanks so much for your help,
Cheers,
   Tim.