resizing a pane in a paned window from code

Hi,
        Is it possible to resize a particular pane in a paned window from
the program?  Also, is it possible to set which pane will slurp up any extra
space allocated from resizing?
        Thanks,
        Chris
--
lansdoct cs alfred edu -> http://cs.alfred.edu/~lansdoct/
(Linux Programs, Information, Tutorials, and non-linux stuff too)