Re: Possibly Stupid question: Blocking events to parent window

"Jack" == Jack Challen <jack_challen ocsl co uk> writes:

    Jack>       I'm bashing out a program (surprise) and I have a
    Jack> button that creates a child window by using a callback
    Jack> function - the thing is, I want to ignore all input to any
    Jack> other window except the newly created child window, until
    Jack> the user performs some abitrary action in the child (like
    Jack> filling in a bunch of text boxes). I could post some source
    Jack> code, but my current stuff is fairly convoluted (read
    Jack> "absolutely unreadable"), and I didn't think it was worth
    Jack> posting for such a (hopefully) simple question.

I think gtk_window_set_modal() will do that. The GTK reference manual
at developer.gnome.org is your friend.

Ps: Modal Dialogs are an atrocity inflicted upon us by Microsoft and
should generally be viewed as Satanic.

--
Bruce Ide                                            bruce ide echostar com
http://www.paratheoanametamystikhood.net