Re: Expose event?

Derethor <derethor thepentagon com> writes:
 I do my init stuff on the "draw" event, and my update stuff on the
"expose_event".. in this case, I create a SDL surface (SDL is a library
for real time graphics designed for videogames)

 What are the differences of these events? I was believing it is better
off If I use expose to manage the update stuff and draw to init the
stuff. I attach a surface using the drawarea window, and it works
well...

"draw" is useless on drawing areas (and basically useless for
everything else - it's been removed from GTK 1.3.x).

So just use expose. If you need to do init stuff that depends on
having a GdkWindow, just connect_after() to realize or map and do it
there. But you can't draw until you get to expose.

Havoc