Re: [gthumb-list] Memories of gthumb

Ah, the reward is happy and satisfied users. And shouldn't be that much work unless
the code base is a mess.

Developers of course think this isn't necessary because the program already does things
in the way they like.  And of course it does because they wrote it.

Users on the other hand have different ways of wanting to do things, and sometimes
actual needs that the developers never anticipated.

This kind of feature is what I call "meta-coding". Rather than providing end user code cast in concrete, you provide a feature that users can use in unexpected ways. I always find meta-coding more interesting than cast in concrete grunt work coding.