Re: [gthumb-list] Memories of gthumb

On 12/16/2015 07:21 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:

> * Cannot move through the next and previous photos using the arrow keys any more

Well, the arrow keys scroll the image if it's zoomed, which seems logical. PgUp/PgDn work as next/previous.

Well after throwing stones the other day, I decided to fire up gthumb on a directory full of images. And it wasn't half bad. It didn't try to render raw files taking forever like it once did. And when I typed (as I later discovered I didn't need to) gthumb *.jpg I didn't get 100 instances of gthumb like I once did. Maybe I can return to using this as a way to browse folders full of mixed jpg and raw files. It now seems to ignore raw files -- hooray! Just goes to show what staying away from a program for years can
accomplish - I think I could actually use this in its current state.

I have to say I would also prefer using those arrow keys to move from one image to the next. I see the logic of having the 4 arrow keys roam the image, but I find being able to use left and right arrows to jump images more useful. My instincts are to use the mouse to roam the image. I suppose page up/down works though and it would be a matter of forming habits.

What about a use modifiable key binding file?  Something like the .vimrc