Re: [gthumb-list] Does HELP actually work, anywhere, for anyone?

In message <4FAB78E0 6080209 libero it>, you wrote:

Il 10/05/2012 02:58, Ronald F. Guilmette ha scritto:

Paolo?  What made you ever think that there even was such a thing as a
gehlp: URI scheme in the first place?  I've googled around a bit, and I
haven't found any documentation of any such a URI scheme anywhere.  So
where did your belief in the actual existance of this thing originate from?

The help system works correctly...

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure that I see how your response answers the particular
question that I asked.

Please allow me to try rephrasing my question.

Where is the ghelp: URI scheme documented?

Is it even documented?

I mean like, at all?

Or is all knowledge of that particular bit of magic just being handed down
via word of mouth from one generation of gnomes to the next, sort of like
ancient folklore?

... you just have to fix your installation,

I have it working now.  But my way of fixing the remaining problems may
perhaps just be a kludge.  (I'll know one way or the other before I'm
finished.  Now that I've started, I do intend to really get to the bottom
of all this.)

Just curious... In your own local yelp.desktop file, what does the Exec=
line say, exactly?

I suggest you to ask in some FreeBSD forum.

... or as we in this country used to say ``Hey kid, why don't you go and
play on the freeway for awhile?''

Very well.  If I have become tedious, I shall bugger off.

I should say before I go however that I am not at all persuaded that the
problems that caused gthumb Help to be dysfunctional (and also, apparently,
evince Help and also brasero Help) are FreeBSD-specific.  Maybe they are,
and maybe they are not.  In the utter absence of any information that
would tell an outside observer what the various routines within glib and
libgio are actually _supposed_ to do... you know... when they are working
correctly... it is a little hard to tell.

Regards,
rfg