Re: [gthumb-list] Extremely slow loading of thumbnails

Il 22/03/2012 14:43, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak ha scritto:
On 03/22/2012 08:02 AM, Greg Mansfield wrote:

Anything odd about your system?

I'm not sure what you mean by "odd". Fedora 16 is up to date, all
hardware is very standard.

Specially compiled jpeg or evix2 libraries, remote filesystems, raw
image files, anything really...

Does it happen on all folders, or just one troublesome one?

This problem does not happen on several other folders. I have not tried
all my image folders, so there may be more than this one.

Make a copy of the problem folder, and try deleting files from it in
batches, to see if you can isolate particular problem files.

Try temporarily disabling the "EXIF, IPTC, XMP support" extension in
Edit > Preferences > Extensions.

Try a different sort method in View > Sort By.

the fields displayed in the thumbnail caption can have a performance impact as well.

- Paolo