Re: [gthumb-list] Directories shown in the LH panel - how to select/remove?

On 03/07/2012 06:10 PM, Chris Green wrote:
How does gthumb decide what directories to show in the LH panel?

When I open gthumb at present I get a very odd selection:-

     Home Folder
     pictures
     chris
     .desktop
     chris
     File System
     Catalogues

The first 6 entries are supposed to correspond to:

"Home Folder"
G_USER_DIRECTORY_PICTURES
G_USER_DIRECTORY_VIDEOS
G_USER_DIRECTORY_DESKTOP
G_USER_DIRECTORY_DOCUMENTS
"file:///"

The "G_USER" directories are "standard" directories like "~/Pictures" and "~/Desktop". Do they not exist on your system?

You can manipulate the definitions of those folders - see:
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs

- Mike