Re: [gthumb-list] gThumb most recent development code on Fedora14

Thank you for your response!

What distro are you using?

I am using Fedora 14 with Gnome 2.

So I'd recommend to check which version of gsettings-desktop-schemas your distro is using and update them.

I have installed the latest version from the Fedora 14 repo:
gsettings-desktop-schemas-0.0.1-1.git20100729.fc14.noarch

I then built and installed gsettings-desktop-schemas 3.3.2, I copied org.gnome.desktop.background.gschema.xml to /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/ and compiled the schemas.

I then configured gthumb to install in /opt and installed it. /opt is where I have installed the gtk3 libraries.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/lib/pkgconfig

Executing /opt/bin/gthumb now produces the following:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
GLib-GIO-Message: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.

GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.gthumb.browser' is not installed

Trace/breakpoint trap

I have not been able to find the 'org.gnome.gthumb.browser' schema.

I have used gThumb 2.90.0 on Fedora 16 with Gnome 3. However, I prefer Gnome 2, so am trying to stay with Fedora 14.

Thanks,
Greg