[gthumb-list] gThumb most recent development code on Fedora14

I have installed the libraries necessary to build gThumb from the git source. I configured using:
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local CFLAGS="-ggdb" --enable-run-in-place --enable-debug

I did a make.  The build succeeded, but when I execute gthumb/gthumb, I get the following:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"

GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.desktop.background' is not installed

Trace/breakpoint trap

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Greg Mansfield