Re: [gthumb-list] gthumb 2.13.2 released

On 06/08/2011 01:12 PM, Alan Cummings wrote:

I could be wrong since I don't use Ubuntu, but I suspect that gthumb
2.13.2
will not build on Ubuntu 10.04, because it requires newer versions of
glib
and gtk, etc.

I never thought of this but your probably right.

<<rant>>
This is the main reason Linux will never make it as a mainstream operating
system, if it requires users to update their os every six months just to
guarantee that they can run the latest versions of the favourite programs.
</rant>

This is not a dig at Gthumb, just linux in general.

Maybe you know this, but:

2.13.x is the "unstable" development series. It's supposed to break things.

For stability, stick with 2.12.x. It is still maintained for bug fixes, but it will not receive new features. It is packaged for Lynx here: http://www.webupd8.org/2011/01/install-gthumb-photo-manager-2122-in.html

- Mike