Re: [gthumb-list] gthumb 2.13.2 released

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
On 06/08/2011 12:39 PM, Alan Cummings wrote:
Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
gthumb 2.13.2 is now available for download at:

Anyone know of anywhere I can download a deb of this, for Ubuntu 10.04??

I could be wrong since I don't use Ubuntu, but I suspect that gthumb 2.13.2
will not build on Ubuntu 10.04, because it requires newer versions of glib
and gtk, etc.

I never thought of this but your probably right.

<<rant>>
This is the main reason Linux will never make it as a mainstream operating
system, if it requires users to update their os every six months just to
guarantee that they can run the latest versions of the favourite programs.
</rant>

This is not a dig at Gthumb, just linux in general.

--
Alan.