Re: [gthumb-list] Find duplicates

Il 04/04/2011 19:18, don Paolo Benvenuto ha scritto:
Il giorno lun, 04/04/2011 alle 19.11 +0200, Paolo Bacchilega ha scritto:
Il 03/04/2011 15:39, don Paolo Benvenuto ha scritto:
Copying all my data files from a backup repository to my hd I got a
mess, and now I have many duplicates.

I though to use gthumb in order to find and remove all the duplicates,
but I had to realize that gthumb is far from mature in that function.

- When you select more than one image, all the names should be presented
in the bottom pane; now, only the first selected image is shown.

actually the real bug here is that the user can select more than one
image, the intended behaviour was to make the user deal with one
duplicate at a time.

Why have you targetted this situation? I can't imagine...

Personally I'm in the case that I have unwanted duplicates, i.e. I have
the images (many) in various directories, and in other directories I
have the duplicates.

How would I manage this situation? are you planning anything which could
help me?

I don't understand what you want to do with the duplicates, do you want to delete them or move them into another directory?

- Paolo