Re: [gthumb-list] Find duplicates

Il 03/04/2011 15:39, don Paolo Benvenuto ha scritto:
Copying all my data files from a backup repository to my hd I got a
mess, and now I have many duplicates.

I though to use gthumb in order to find and remove all the duplicates,
but I had to realize that gthumb is far from mature in that function.

- When you select more than one image, all the names should be presented
in the bottom pane; now, only the first selected image is shown.

actually the real bug here is that the user can select more than one image, the intended behaviour was to make the user deal with one duplicate at a time.

- The selection check box in the file names list appears checked; I
consider it would be better it appeared unchecked, since selection is
used to delete the images.

true, but usually you want to delete all the duplicates but one, so it's easier to uncheck the file you want to keep rather than checking all the images minus one.

- The view button is useles: it doesn't make anything

it shows the duplicates in the main window

- The help button doesn't make anything

true

- When you check and delete an image you don't see any effect of the
deletion: apparently the image is deleted, but the user doesn't get any
info on that

I agree here, the deleted files should be removed from the file list.

Work is needed in order to get it funcional! Thank to all developers!

Thanks to you for pointing out these issues.

- Paolo