Re: [gthumb-list] Extension idea: auto-rotate

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak a écrit :
On 03/08/2010 08:52 AM, Matthias Hawran wrote:
My idea was to have/write an extension to handle that case :)
Basically: physically rotate according to exif. (name : auto-rotate?)
Maybe this could be included in a larger extension, like "reset" or
something

It "should be simple" to copy the image_rotation plugin and modify it
to do the adjustment. (The 2.10.x rotation tool will do this if you
specify no rotation and enable physical adjust, but the UI has been
greatly simplified in 2.11.x).

Yes so in fact I'm asking to reintroduce the "Reset Exif orientation"
function.
I never used this function in 2.10.x
I wouldn't enable it by default, though. Too obscure.
What do you mean by "enable"? You mean the extension?
What do you mean by "obscure"

As a workaround for now, selecting the photos and pressing [ followed
by ] should fix your images.

- Mike
The [ & ] sequence doesn't fix the images.
In 2.10.x it does fix them.

Paolo, what do you think ?

Matthias