Re: [gthumb-list] Extension idea: auto-rotate

On 03/08/2010 08:52 AM, Matthias Hawran wrote:
I had a little bug last night while importing my pictures.
It's probably related to the fact I had a video in the lot.
The preview window in the importer could not get a thumbnail of the video.
I'll have to try and reproduce (latter)

Why did that stop the import? That would be an important bug.

My idea was to have/write an extension to handle that case :)
Basically: physically rotate according to exif. (name : auto-rotate?)
Maybe this could be included in a larger extension, like "reset" or
something

It "should be simple" to copy the image_rotation plugin and modify it to do the adjustment. (The 2.10.x rotation tool will do this if you specify no rotation and enable physical adjust, but the UI has been greatly simplified in 2.11.x).

I wouldn't enable it by default, though. Too obscure.

As a workaround for now, selecting the photos and pressing [ followed by ] should fix your images.

- Mike