Re: [gthumb-list] Planning watermark plugin

Nelson Benítez León ha scritto:
Hi, I'm planning on writing a gthumb plugin for watermarking images,
but I plan to use the imagemagick binaries to do the watermarking, so
before starting to work I would like to know if gthumb developers are
ok with a C plugin depending on the imagemagick package? Could such a
plugin be distributed with gthumb? or could such a plugin be installed
as an external package independent of gthumb?

I'm attaching a screenshot of the current app so people can have an
idea what the plugin will do..

As a general rule we prefer to keep the number of dependencies to a minimum, anyway there is no need to hope for the inclusion of a plugin in gthumb itself, plugins are though to be installed separately, we could do a plugin repository in the official web page, which is just a wiki so can be modified by the plugin authors directly.

- Paolo