Re: [gthumb-list] weird thing with translation

Because the Italian translation team has not made any updates to gThumb
since 2010-01-29:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gthumb/log/po/it.po

Perhaps you can help them! It is a volunteer effort, just like the coding.

it .po file has all the string translated.

I suppose it must be updated with all the translatable strings.

Where are the instructions?

You can read about it here:

http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject
http://www.it.gnome.org/index.php/Home

The English strings are added to the *.po files automatically, using certain commands (I forget the details). Then the translators add the translated versions, and create a patch file, which is then reviewed by the translation team.

I haven't done translations myself, so I don't know all the details. Ask the Italian translation team directly if you want to start helping them.

- Mike