Re: [gthumb-list] photo import hangs after one photo

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
On 04/22/2010 08:14 AM, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:
A possibly unrelated observation: nautilus shows me thumbnails _a lot_
faster than g_thumb (maybe ten times faster, with empty thumbnail
cache). The speed of thumbnailing in gthumb is more in line with reading
the whole image. I have no idea how this is implemented in gthumb or if
it even could be related to the main problem.

Is it any faster if you disable the "EXIF, IPTC, XMP support" extension?

Oh yes, much better. Thanks.

As expected, this had no effect on the main problem.

Jussi