Re: [gthumb-list] photo import hangs after one photo

On 04/21/2010 03:21 PM, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:

The import always stops after the first photo is imported. With a bit of
  print-debugging I found out that the g_file_read_async() call in
gio-utils:g_load_file_async() never results in the callback being
called. Note that this happens for the second file: for the first one
everything works as intended.

That would suggest a problem in the gvfs gphoto backend, or gphoto itself.

The camera is a Canon Digital Ixus 30, in my opinion it's been quite
reliable earlier with gphoto.

I see a lot of bug reports from 2008 about the Ixus 30, saying it wasn't operating in PTP mode. Like this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libgphoto2/+bug/228154

It's worth double-checking that.

Try a different PTP camera too.

- Mike