Re: Grilo addon for Kodi

I had trouble getting the gi module to import from the context of the
Kodi process, so I separated the Grilo functionality into a daemon
process (grilohttpd) which bridges HTTP and Grilo sources. Kodi
addons are stateless, so grilohttpd has the nice side effect of
providing a persistent cache of the things available through a Grilo
source. I would be interested to hear any theories on why gi might
have been malfunctioning in my earlier attempt.

What errors did you get trying to import and then use gi in Kodi?

From what I could tell, the "import gi" statement would never
complete. The Kodi process would continue to respond to input (e.g.,
I could "esc" out of the plugin), however the plugin itself would
continuously display its progress spinner.

--
Mike

:wq