Re: Grilo addon for Kodi

Hey,

On Sat, 2018-04-21 at 20:51 -0400, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
I have begun writing a Grilo addon for Kodi:

      https://www.flyn.org/projects/kodi-plugin.audio.grilo/

This is one of the items listed as a proposed feature (Kodi used to
be
called XBMC):

      https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Grilo/PlannedFeatures

This is a pretty old tasklist...

I had trouble getting the gi module to import from the context of the
Kodi process, so I separated the Grilo functionality into a daemon
process (grilohttpd) which bridges HTTP and Grilo sources. Kodi
addons
are stateless, so grilohttpd has the nice side effect of providing a
persistent cache of the things available through a Grilo source. I
would
be interested to hear any theories on why gi might have been
malfunctioning in my earlier attempt.

What errors did you get trying to import and then use gi in Kodi?

Cheers