Re: gsoc-2013 - lua plugins

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
In my example plugin, I only needed a few functions exported to the
plugins to implement the BBC News plugin:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/grilo-list/2012-July/msg00021.html

I would include a function to download a URL as text, a callback to send
out media information, a way to return an error, and some XML/XPath and
Json helpers (using libxml2 and json-glib).

If particular plugins require more libraries (say, MD5 sums generation,
etc.) we should make it easy to add new functions to grilo's builtin Lua
functions.

I agree. I'm still thinking about a good initial set of functions in lua-factory.
I belive you pointed the most important ones.

I'm thinking also in a small set of 'utils' functions for lua, like those in libquvi.
I guess when learning more from lua, it'll be easy to say if it is a good or bad idea.

best regards,

(I forgot from last mail)