Re: gsoc-2013 - lua plugins

Hi,

Sure. I suggest to join our #grilo channel in irc.gnome.org.

Yes, I'm 'always' there, as toso.
I choosed the mail-list this time as an easy way to point information while discussing ideas.

I've realized that I did not introduce myself properly, sorry for that.

My name is Victor Toso and I'm from São Paulo, Brazil (GMT - 3)
My education field is Computer Science, from Unicamp [0]

One of the best ways to understand how Grilo works is implementing a
plugin. Thus you get lot of feedback for what a plugin developer would
need.

Indeed. I was trying some bugfix or small feature, with grl-tracker plugin.
I would learn a lot more from grilo's core by implementing a plugin.

There are different services you could write a plugin to deal with.

As suggestion, one of them could be Magnatune. Rationale is that you can
download a full sqlite3 database with all the content. So writing the
plugin would be as easier as downloading that sqlite3 database, and then
implementing the grilo functions on top of sqlite3. You could get
inspiration from podcasts or bookmarks plugins to write it.

Great! I'm going to start it tonight. Thanks for the advice.