Re: Filtering by type

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 15:49 +0000, Iago Toral wrote:
>  Once you realize that you need to change the API to cover the basic
>  cases, a proposal that does not change the API and cover less than
> the
>  basic cases does not make sense any more.
>

> > I don't mind to forget about it and just focus in the filtering
> API,
> > as
> > you said. But then, will that API help me to do all my operations
> and
> > restrict everything to the type of data I'm interesting in?
> > That is, when I browse, I only want to get only the kind of medias
> > that
> > my application was designed for.
>
>  There is no reason why we cannot do this for browse too if it makes
>  sense.

Of course, yes to both issues :)

Then, seems I misunderstood your proposal, because I thought you were
thinking about adding a new api just for filtered search, keeping the
"normal" search as it is.

But if the idea is to provide a filtering parameter to standard search
(and thus to browse if it makes sense), so we only have one
search()/browse() operation, then I totally agree with forgetting about
this kind of filtering through flags.

	J.A.