Re: release policy

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:18:32 +0200, "Juan A. Suarez Romero"
<jasuarez igalia com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 13:18 +0200, Víctor M. Jáquez L. wrote:
>> I'm a bit worried about the size of the last grilo release (0.1.6). It
>> was
>> huge. That means that we're ignoring the "release early, release
>> often" thumb
>> rule.
>
> Yes, it was a bit big. We should had do the release some time ago, but
> due to different causes, we didn't.
>
> I'm open to discuss a release policy. Right now it come to my mind
> different policies:
>
> - As you said, X every commits or months.
> - Every X features added; if in a specific time we don't reach the X
> features, then release anyway (to avoid being stuck)
> - Synchronize the release with another project, for instance, with
> Gnome/Glib. Thus, we release when they do they release. I think that, if
> someday we become standard part of Gnome, then we will follow this
> policy.

I think it is too soon to have a strict release policy in the project
(we don't have that many users yet :)) and even if we had a lot of
commits this time around we should also take into account that git users
make a lot of commits ;) There were not that many changes overall, I
think.

But in any case, we could go with something like every X commits or
months if you like that better, I think it is ok to do that. I would not
do it feature-wise and I would not align with some other project (I
think it is too soon for that right now, but maybe you think different
:)).

Iago