Re: YouTube plugin and libgdata

Hi Philip,

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:24:18 +0100, Philip Withnall
<philip tecnocode co uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, I'd like to say what a good idea Grilo is. I look forward to
> seeing it integrated in Totem and across the desktop. :-)

Thanks! we are working on it :)

> I've taken a look at the YouTube plugin in Grilo, and I'm wondering why
> it doesn't use libgdata[1]. libgdata's got a fairly stable YouTube
> service, which has been used for two cycles now by Totem's YouTube
> plugin, and using it would save you a lot of code and maintenance.
>
> I don't think I can spare the time to port Grilo's plugin to using
> libgdata at the moment, but I'll be happy to answer any questions or add
> any API to libgdata that you might need.

Yes, that's something that makes sense, actually other people brought it up
too. It is something we will do eventually as soon as we have a slot. We will
talk to you if we need any help understanding the libgdata's API when we get
hands on with the port.

Iago