Re: How to determine total size of group of images

On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 22:07 +0200, Fred van Zwieten wrote:
Hi,

I am experimenting with GooCanvas in pygobject.

I want to be able to do operations on a selection of images on a
canvas. I want to draw a border around the group of images with
handles for resizing, scaling and rotating (a bit like libreoffice
draw does that, or Google Diagram).

I am having some difficulty on how to do this. When I add the images
to a CanvasGroup I can operate resizing, scaling and rotating on the
group as a whole. However, to be able to draw a border around the
group of images, I need to know the total size of the group. I was
hoping the height en width properties of the CanvasGrop would provide
for them automagically, but they stay on -1.0.

Is there an easy way to get the x, y, height, width of the images
within the group.

There is a goo_canvas_item_get_bounds() function, which should also work
on groups, I think.

Otherwise you'll have to iterate over the items in the group with
goo_canvas_item_get_child() and combine the x/y/width/height or bounds.

Damon