How to determine total size of group of images

Hi,

I am experimenting with GooCanvas in pygobject.

I want to be able to do operations on a selection of images on a canvas. I want to draw a border around the group of images with handles for resizing, scaling and rotating (a bit like libreoffice draw does that, or Google Diagram).

I am having some difficulty on how to do this. When I add the images to a CanvasGroup I can operate resizing, scaling and rotating on the group as a whole. However, to be able to draw a border around the group of images, I need to know the total size of the group. I was hoping the height en width properties of the CanvasGrop would provide for them automagically, but they stay on -1.0.

Is there an easy way to get the x, y, height, width of the images within the group.

- Fred