Re: Can this be done with goocanvas?

On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 11:04 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:

> So, in summary, I really do get the feeling that goocanvas using
> g_signal_connect_after for the scrolled window adjustments would solve
> my problem.  But I did not try it yet to make sure.

I'm not so sure that would help but you could try it.

GooCanvas uses the same scrolling technique as GtkLayout - it moves the
large canvas GdkWindow around behind the small viewport window so that
the windowing system (X Windows or win32) does the scrolling.

So I think it would be pretty hard to avoid flicker for the items that
stay in one place, since your redrawing is always going to happen
slightly after the item has already been scrolled.

Damon